Self talk, the little voice in your head, the tape that runs over and over; these are all powerful words to describe how you feel about yourself. If your self esteem and self-talk tends to be filled with put downs and negative affirmations of the essence of you, then how can you ever love yourself? If you do not love yourself, how can you ever expect anyone else to love you? Love yourself first! Love yourself enough. Empower yourself and you do the work. The Universal Laws of Attraction suggest that you get and receive as much love as you give out.
A person who is very dear to me has done irreparable harm to her soul, her emotions, her mind and her body. She does not love herself. Her self talk tells her she is not loveable. She has chosen to ignore her emotions and deal with her fears. As a result she is a severe anorexic and now also has a severe alcoholic problem. What could she have chosen to do differently? Here are 5 Secret Keys that at any point in time she easily could have empowered herself with.
1. Change your thoughts. What are you feeding your mind? Have a visual of a stop sign. When you begin calling yourself down, immediately stop your little voice and replace it with all the wonderful things that you are.
2. Change your energy. Garbage in, garbage out. What are you feeding your body? If your are feeding it garbage also known as junk food, then how can you expect to feel good about yourself? Feed your body with healthy foods such as fruits and veggies.
3. Change your behavior 1. What are you feeding your soul? Get an elastic band or something elastic and put it on your wrist. When you catch yourself and stop yourself from saying something negative about yourself or others, transfer it to your other wrist. Within one week of bringing this behavior to your conscious attention, you will likely be using more positive self talk.
4. Change your behavior 2. What are you feeding your emotions? Confront your fears. What is the worst possible thing that can happen to you if you do that? You will love yourself and be empowered with higher self esteem.
5. Random Acts of Kindness. Be an angel! Choose to do something for someone else, preferably a stranger. The research shows that when we do this we feel better about ourselves. Keep it a delicious secret that you can hug to yourself!
- What are 4 things I say in my head when I get upset with myself? How can I consciously change that self talk habit?
- What are 4 things I can do to pamper myself so that I feel good today?
- One a scale of 1-10 how well do I love myself? 5 = average, 10 is top of the scale.
- What are 4 ways in which I can easily perform an angel act or Random Act of Kindness?
Take a chance performing Life’s dance
Love yourself first!
Instead of looking for love, give it;
constantly renew it in yourself and
you will always feel its presence within you.
It will always be there smiling at you,
gazing on you kindly.
(Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov)
I love my journey into myself. Do you love your journey? If not, then do the work to empower yourself! If you found this helpful, then visit my website www.moonwomenspirituality.com. If your want information on how the daily Moon and Sun energy affects you, your love and your relationships, visit www.wisewomaninwoods.blog.ca