Relationship problems? Dating problems? Family Problems? Friendship problems? Communication problems? Career problems? I’ll bet you are NOT paddling your canoe in the same direction. Anyone who has tried to paddle a canoe with a partner, knows it is not easy. You can go round and round in circles unless you get the paddling stroke just right. Secondly you have to be synchronized with your friend. You have to be focused on moving forward in the same direction.
Life is like that. We might be as different as a moose and beaver in our relationship. One of those animals lives on land and is huge. The other prefers water and is small. They eat different things. They like different lifestyles. They have different friends. They have different habits. That’s okay. Their relationship can more than survive. It can thrive!
Here are the 10 Keys to Paddling in the same direction.
- Mutually agree to focus on your 4 most important goals you have in common.
- Communicate honestly about how you feel about those 4 goals.
- If you feel the least bit sticky, or cold about any of those goals, don’t agree to doing it.
- If you feel uncomfortable with any part of it, don’t paddle in that direction.
- Go with your feeling flow and you will glow in your goal focus.
- Communicate, communicate. Are those 4 goals important still?
- Revisit those goals every New Moon or at least once a month.
- Revise the goals that no longer work for both of you.
- If you have achieved some of the goals, replace them with new ones.
- If one of you is shifting direction, communicate so your partner understands.
Honesty, communication and being focused on what is important to the two of you adults in a relationship are the keys to keep you paddling in the same direction! Only when the adults have figured out their canoeing focus should they bring it to the children for discussion. Kids should NOT be deciding what direction the family is going in. They do not have historical perspective. Children do not have awareness of all the dynamics and the impact. Children do not understand all the economic variables. The family focus is a responsibility of the parents.
Reflection Questions & Quiz On a scale of 1-10; 5 = average, 10 = perfect
- How well do I communicating my feelings with myself?
- How well am I communicating my feelings with my partner?
- Am I being honest with myself?
- Am I being honest with my partner?
Affirmation: I intend to communicate honestly and openly with my partner for the greater good of our family. I intend to be honest to my feelings. I intend to be honest with myself. I intend to be the essence of me!
“You don’t get to choose how you’re going to die.
You can only decide how you’re going to live – now.”
Angels Surround Us. We call them fantastic friends!
I love my journey into myself. Do you love your journey? If not, then do the work to empower yourself! If you found this helpful, then visit my website www.moonwomenspirituality.com. If your want information on using energy to improve your life, your love, and your relationships, visit www.astromoon.wordpress.com