Many people have heard of the stages of grief and loss. What they may not know is that step-by-step process happens when we lose anything we value in our lives. Furthermore we may wander back to a previous stage for a time. It’s okay for you to feel sad or depressed at your loss. It’s okay for you to cry. At some point you come to the acceptance stage and are ready to begin your healing journey. Here are some alternatives to help you to heal yourself more quickly.
1. laughter – It’s impossible to have negative energy and positive energy at the same time. When you increase the positive energy around you, it dilutes the negative energy. Fill your world with positive energy!
2. joy – moments even briefly throughout your day help begin to dilute your dwelling in the shadow world of pain.
3. hugs – when we touch someone, or they touch us, we jointly share the other person’s energy. It makes us feel better having shared our body energy with another. It is comforting. If you feel uncomfortable hugging a person, then hug a pet!
4. listening ear of a trusted friend in your inner circle. Once again it is the sharing of your feelings in one way or another that helps to dilute your pain.
Losing a loved one is never easy, no matter how long ago it was. We will still have those bubbles of grief bubbling up at a smell, a song, a word, or a gesture that reminds us of the person we have lost. Reframe and think of that person or pet as one of your personal angels watching over you. I believe that my father is one of those angels in heaven looking over my shoulder and gently guiding me!
The universe sends the rain to the earth to help promote vibrant growth. The rain washes away the dirt and muck or air pollution that has accumulated since the last rain. Similarly, our tears help to wash away our dirt full of fears, loneliness and negative thoughts. The tears help to change our energy. So welcome your personal liquid as part of your healing journey! The Creator gave us the tools when we look to the natural world as part of our secret map to healing ourselves!
1. laughter – what makes you belly laugh? What brings a fleeting smile to your face? What makes you grin from ear to ear?
2. joy – who and what brings you joy? When you are ready, just call them!
3. hugs – who do you feel comfortable exchanging body energy with?
4. listening – who do you trust the most to be able to tell your pain to?
For additional information on the Grief and Loss process, please read Kubler-Ross, E (1973) On Death and Dying, Routledge. I love my journey into myself. Do you love your journey? If not, then do the work to empower yourself! If you found this helpful, then visit my website www.moonwomenspirituality.com. If your want information on how the daily Moon and Sun energy affects you, your love and your relationships, visit www.wisewomaninwoods.blog.ca